First Eco-Dye for the 2015


This is a great way to start the New Year. I spent hours studying the blog posts of Terrie-Smiling and think it’s going to pay off. She is so open and sharing with her techniques. I tried the rolled up milk carton core wrapped with the silk covered in plastic wrap, and steamed it. The finished piece is not  pretty but it’s getting close to what I want. Better than that, IT WORKED. Yay! The red leaves at the left are poinsettia, then oak leaves, and I think the middle leaves are Bradford Pear, then more oak leaves . Eager to try more.

Scarf is about 12″ x 72″

IMG_6622

                                    Detail

IMG_6625

Advertisements
Explore posts in the same categories: dying, plant dyes

Tags: ,

You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.

4 Comments on “First Eco-Dye for the 2015”

  1. rebelquilter Says:

    I am glad you got results. Mine were smeared mess of nothing but dingy grey/ beige.

  2. Nancy Says:

    Love the color! Very subtle but elegant. Nancy

  3. Terriea Says:

    You made the good prints indeed. Thanks for the mention.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: